Friday, October 1, 2010

Poem 1 : GIVE THANKS

 

As I knelt on my knees in church today
I thought of what Aunty Jessie had to say
Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart, she'd asked me to find
I searched for the video, reluctantly that time
I came up with excuses, that the background was still
I wanted a moving scenary so it would look real

But Jes saw through me and said last night
Try as You like but You cannot hide
Like You, she says, I find it difficult to pray
I spend time with the Lord, but I don't know what to say
I read her message, and I understood
It's just hard to see that the Lord has been good

But God works in mysterious ways
No matter how difficult, remember always

When things don't make sense
and You can't comprehend
When You don't understand
and You don't like His plans
When You lose what You have
and You can't force His hands
When You see only one set of 
foot prints in the sand

GOD says, BE STILL ...

Today, I want to focus on the things I should be thankful for
The gift of DANIEL is my blessing, I couldn't ask for more
I give Thanks to the Lord for this blog and facebook link
I am grateful I can still connect with him
I am thankful for friends and strangers who drop by here
Penning their thoughts, from far and near

For the prayers, encouragement and wonderful inspiration
I am blessed with all the support and warm contribution
To friends who meet us and know what to say
To those who don't, it's really okay
Somewhere over the rainbow, He will make a way
There will be an answer, so Let It Be, they say

Though my heart still aches, since the day we had to part
I'm learning to GIVE THANKS with a grateful heart

Lynn Phua
March 2010
Originally posted in 
Daniel Jason Phua's Facebook