Friday, November 5, 2010

POEM 6 : MY SON IS HEAVEN'S ANGEL


My Son is Heaven's Angel, he was chosen to be free
I miss him terribly, and wish he were with me
Ever since God called his name, my heart has been in pain
Though I feel him by my side, I will never be the same


Like the footprints on the sand, there were always two
Trails of his and mine, along the ocean blue
The day he answered God, his trail was washed away
Now I walk alone, with him by me each day


On my own I sit by the beach, I talk to him till dawn
By myself I struggle to cope, I try to carry on
If I am a survivor, it's because he has taught me to be
To live a life of purpose, and trust God faithfully


Without me, he has moved on, to a place beyond the rainbow
Without him, I am groping, as only our Father would know
Even though I am assured, that he's happy at God's end
The ache in my heart will linger on, and would never, ever mend.




By Lynn Phua
3 September 2010
Originally written in 
Daniel Jason Phua's Facebook.



Inspired by the Poem
MY MOTHER IS A SURVIVOR
by Kay Des'Ormeaux
posted by Jee K on 27 August 2010 
in Daniel's Facebook.